Designed exclusively for Earl Slick, David Bowie's guitarist, the Sommatone Slick-18 is a straight up “Class A” rock “n” roll machine. No overdrive pedal required with this amp! The Slick-18 is extremely responsive and touch sensitive - go from clean to dirty by adjusting your guitar's volume and pick attack. And don't let the name confuse you; the Slick-18 is not an 18-watt knock off!
Construction, Components & Features
The Slick-18 amplifiers are handmade and constructed using a tag board with point-to-point wiring. All components are the highest quality and tested for consistency and reliability.
- 14 Gauge Aluminum Chassis
- Stainless Steel hardware
- 5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier
- Pair of EL-84's
- Three 12AX7's
- F&T and Sprague electrolytic capacitors
- Silver-plated Teflon wire
- Carbon film and metal film resistors
- Tubular Polypropylene signal capacitors
- High & Low Gain Inputs
- Volume control
- Tone controls: treble, middle & bass
- Innovative presence control (settings from warm & smooth to chimey & edgy)
- Impedance selector 4,8 and 16 ohm
- Main and extension speaker jacks
- 13-ply birch cabinets with Celestion speakers
- Available in head and 1X12 combo
- Open back 2X12 extension cabinet
- Head: H=8” W=20” D=8 1/4”
- 1X12 combo: H=20" W=24" D=9"
- 2X10 combo: H=20" W=24" D=9"
- 1X12 open back: H=20" W=24" D=9"
- 2X12 open back: H=20" W=26" D=10 3/4"
- Head $1550
- 1X12 combo $1750
- 2X10 combo $1850
- 1X12 extension cabinet $650
- 2X12 extension cabinet $750
- $75 up-charge for custom tolex & grill
Earl Slick's Slick-18 Head w/Orange Tolex
Slick-18 Head w/Standard Tolex
Slick-18 1x12 Combo w/Standard Tolex & Grill